
Mambo Jambo 16th Anniversary @ Zouk, 9th July2008
A second post for today as I have so many exciting things to talk about,been out on alternate days for this week & I'm very tired..
I should rest more,if not,be excercising more again..
I had an entire week off without a jog or a stair climb at the staff gym..
Been resting for the entire day today & dear's sleeping the afternoon away in my room.
Waiting for time to pass before we have bible studies with Kenny at my place.
Backtracking to Wednesday..
Popped over to dear's place,rested & snacked instead of dining out.
Frustrations boiled out of decisions towards dinner & lost appetite to have a proper meal..
The lotus root soup which his mum cooked,was the most proper item I had for the evening..
Popped a bag of Calbee Lobster flavoured corn snacks (S$1.30)which were not bad..
& a small pack of Tomato & Basil potato chips(almost S$2),which were also ok,just that the flavour was not very exciting..
Rested by lazing & watched tv till it was time to prepare for..
Yeps,to Zouk's 16th year anniversary of Mambo nights..
Surprise surprise..! I went there & didn't really enjoy myself cause' I didn't like most of the songs,not familliar with these old songs..
The last time I went was during the eve of some public holiday last year..
Quite embarrassing,cause that's the first time that we as a bigger group (my girlfriends + Constance,Melissa & Daniel) went for a Mambo night at Zouk,& I got drunk because I drank so fast before entering the club..
(Normally we'd land ourselves at the club for a house,trance,or live band plus rojak stuff..)
Thanks to Daniel reminding me last night at his 21st birthday party!
BUT ANYWAY..We were early,say..About 10.30pm inside the club?
It was my idea to visit Zouk that night,to see the dance competition! :D

The place was so tight that the crowd had problems moving around..
We settled to watch from their tv displays instead.
& their aircon was blasting to the max! Amazing..
I took some pics of my own from the screen,& some lifted from a social event's company.


The dance competition was quite fun for its first run,with Hossan Leong hosting,he's HILARIOUS!
I love him doing these LIVE emcee-ing appearances!
With groups in 2's or 3's synchronize their dances together & I find it very amusing as I am not a fan of synchronize dancing..
Was quite caught up with my ring which brightened up in the ultraviolet lights.. :)
& here's the winning team of this year's Mambo Jambo competition..
The finalists was actually another group of 3guys in bermudas & a boy-girl duo..
But anyway,the winning team really deserved the prize,their dancing was not only very seasoned,but their moves were also much more well choreographed than other teams with that essence of "Mambo" in it that made my hair want to stand..
We hung around for some time further & made a new friend next to us who seriously didn't look his age at all.
Was offered an apple shooter earlier by his friend but I turned him down..
& the 2nd time I was offered,I decided to take it as it was quite embarassing that they kept asking.
I actually don't like the idea of taking people's drinks because most of the time,we do not know what their intentions are like.
:)
Well,he seems nice enough & dear did lots of talking,it was all good :)
Went down to the floor sometime later & checked out what everyone was synchronising to..
Didn't stay for long either..A photosnap or two & we were out of Zouk before 1am..
Finally had some grub along Mohd Sultan Rd,& scrammed home as early as we could for work was waiting for us hours later.. ;)
Next session has already been planned by yours truly,no more mambo jambo nights.
If you're heading for his spinning session (supposedly 10pm),don't forget to be there earlier,say..8.30 or 9pm to warm yourself up.. ;)
--
1841
--
I should rest more,if not,be excercising more again..
I had an entire week off without a jog or a stair climb at the staff gym..
Been resting for the entire day today & dear's sleeping the afternoon away in my room.
Waiting for time to pass before we have bible studies with Kenny at my place.
Backtracking to Wednesday..
Popped over to dear's place,rested & snacked instead of dining out.
Frustrations boiled out of decisions towards dinner & lost appetite to have a proper meal..
The lotus root soup which his mum cooked,was the most proper item I had for the evening..
Popped a bag of Calbee Lobster flavoured corn snacks (S$1.30)which were not bad..
Surprise surprise..! I went there & didn't really enjoy myself cause' I didn't like most of the songs,not familliar with these old songs..
The last time I went was during the eve of some public holiday last year..
Quite embarrassing,cause that's the first time that we as a bigger group (my girlfriends + Constance,Melissa & Daniel) went for a Mambo night at Zouk,& I got drunk because I drank so fast before entering the club..
(Normally we'd land ourselves at the club for a house,trance,or live band plus rojak stuff..)
Thanks to Daniel reminding me last night at his 21st birthday party!
BUT ANYWAY..We were early,say..About 10.30pm inside the club?

The place was so tight that the crowd had problems moving around..
We settled to watch from their tv displays instead.
& their aircon was blasting to the max! Amazing..
I took some pics of my own from the screen,& some lifted from a social event's company.
I love him doing these LIVE emcee-ing appearances!
With groups in 2's or 3's synchronize their dances together & I find it very amusing as I am not a fan of synchronize dancing..
Was quite caught up with my ring which brightened up in the ultraviolet lights.. :)
The finalists was actually another group of 3guys in bermudas & a boy-girl duo..But anyway,the winning team really deserved the prize,their dancing was not only very seasoned,but their moves were also much more well choreographed than other teams with that essence of "Mambo" in it that made my hair want to stand..
We hung around for some time further & made a new friend next to us who seriously didn't look his age at all.
Was offered an apple shooter earlier by his friend but I turned him down..
& the 2nd time I was offered,I decided to take it as it was quite embarassing that they kept asking.
I actually don't like the idea of taking people's drinks because most of the time,we do not know what their intentions are like.
:)
Well,he seems nice enough & dear did lots of talking,it was all good :)
Went down to the floor sometime later & checked out what everyone was synchronising to..
Didn't stay for long either..A photosnap or two & we were out of Zouk before 1am..
Next session has already been planned by yours truly,no more mambo jambo nights.
--
1841
--

0 comments:
Post a Comment