a warm welcome..

Making change for myself,a new blog! yay~ zuckerlos.blogspot.com is very outdated in terms of the HTML code & now am on..I don't know what.. But anyway,its something new that I'm trying out with! zuckerlos still can be referred for stuff using the search tab.. But if you're hunting for old pictures & info,look harder or just email to ask for anything to fann_al84@yahoo.com.sg Thanks for staying in! :)

What's the problem?!

I'm no tech freak,so I'm reading & applying what I can to this site.. Adapting & putting in new stuff possible to post here.. :)

08.08.08..Friday, 8th August 2008

The dreadful workweek was finally over! yay~

Alot of crappy politics,surprisingly,alot of stupid things.
Crazy ah,I'm thinking that they're so free to make things difficult for each other.
Verbal abuse & throwing their weight around sometimes.hiaks.Quite demoralising.

Wore red & white to work like many others on the train to work today,& felt like a walking Singapore flag.Quite patriotic. :)
End up kena played out at work..Only another senior colleague & I wore to what we had agree to the week before,prior to this day..!

The others had this best reason for not wearing clothes with the theme of red & white: --"Paiseh to walk around like that lah"..
Laughing to myself,what's there to be embarrassed about?
To think they all wore to this theme last year..Something was not right..
Oh well.

I love this country,though I do not superbly love with my all,still,am proud of wearing the national colours though I have no stars on me. :)

Almost thought I'd suffer & die at the eye-clinic then,but it was not too bad :D

Knocked off & made my way to meet Kelvin & his friends for courses of desserts as dinner at Rogues..Happened that his friend,Gerard Lewis,is the pastry chef in that bar/pub/bistro..

Filled in with tonnes of foreign expats,of which some were rowdy,& few locals.
It's a pretty noisy place which I didn't quite like.
How to eat with the loud music?
I don't mind house music & all that,just that it was tuned so loudly.We were served 3main courses & a japanese iced tea with canned lychees for S$25 nett.
Great value for money I must say.

What had popped in was a platter of strawberries..Compliments of Rogues Restaurant.
Its meant to dip our strawberries into the shot glass of Contreau,which is quite sweet as a liquer actually.
& then dipped into a dish of cinnamon sugar..Was very good.. :D

So what came in officially was this Warm Granny Smith Crumble topped with Soya Scented Air..& Espresso Croquant Iced Baileys with Souffle Chocolate Espuma..
The souffle & iced baileys thing was still alright,the soya scented air was just foam made from some soya milk or something..
Anyways,the apple crumble was really good! :D~The crust was very nice & savoury..
With bits of apple,raisins & hazelnuts,I was very satisfied..

The Entree was a Philadelphia Rum & Raisin Cheese Bar with aged Balsamic Strawberry Coulis,Hennessy Chocolate & Peanut Crunch with Arabian Cream of Walnut,& a Gianduja Wafer Creme Slice..I absolutely loved the Gianduja Wafer Creme Slice!
The other 2 cakes were overwhelmed with alcohol & tasted alittle bit off.

Lastly,a platter of Kahlua Flavoured Mascarpone Cheese Mousse,a Sticky Chocolate & Butter Scotch Parfait Tube,& a hot Manjari Chocolate was served.The best item of all was the kahlua mascarpone cheese,aka tiramisu..
Everything else was so-so..

Even the hot Manjari choclate was too salty for my liking..
Overall,I quite enjoyed the desserts for dinner,I really didn't have space for a dinner after this.

As for company-wise,I was glad to see Ashley again since Chef Chan's!
But was quite pissed with 1 of the newly acquainted guys at the table.
Men & their ego.Gees.

I already showed enough face to him instead of ticking him off by laughing it off superficially with his sacarstic comment that my camera was lousy when I asked him to take a photograph of his friend & I.
Girlfriend or not? I don't care,the two didn't seem genuine enough as a couple to me.
SO turned off that I deleted that d*** photo.Not the girl's fault.
His name is not even worth mentioning in my rants here.

It was rather hurting of him to judge me & my Sony camera which was a gift to me from a loved one,saying that it's lousy & he doesn't use such lousy cameras to take photos for people.OMG.
Don't know what or where the effing problem was stuck in him.

TYPICAL SINGAPOREAN!! YUCKS.
It's that "yours is not good,mine is the best" mentality..

I've not heard of such a stuck up thing in a very long time.
& he was using this Canon camera which uses AA sized batteries,& he had to bring in a buy/bring new pack of batteries upon realising that the camera went dead on him & his girl-friend.
To say such things about my "lousy camera" & use a camera that doesn't live on long life lithium batteries.

Jealous of me or my camera or what? I don't know.

Enough of this,he's already spoiled my night since then & I wasn't interested in speaking anymore to him.
Totally disgusted & I do not want to think about this or talk to him ever again if we ever meet during another dinner organised by Kelvin.
Best that I stay away from these small people with issues.

--
2330
--

0 comments:

Post a Comment